AGENDA for January 27, 2020 at Shasta Bike Depot on California Street (formerly California Street Lab) at 6:00 pm.
Approval of the Minutes of the last meeting [October 29, 2019] Announcements, news or upcoming events of interest: The Whole Earth and Watershed Festival will be on April 18th 2020 from 11:00 to 5:00pm at the Sculpture park at City Hall. The festival is dedicated to featuring exhibitors whose mission promotes activities of healthy living. We have participated in this event over the last 10 years.
Speaker Presentations or Program: Eric Wedemeyer, a local trail enthusiast and host of Meet Up hikes, will give a presentation on his hike around Mt. Hood on the Timberline Trail.
Travis Menne of the City of Redding Recreation Dept will describe the future Redding Trail Wayfinding Project and why we need it now.
Treasurer’s Report: Sandy H. Membership Status: Sandy H Facebook Page: Bob M Trail News: Discussed elsewhere.
Old Business: Upper Jenny Creek —Work crews have been actively clearing vegetation along the creek between Lakeside Drive and Tralee Lane. Travis will comment. Salt Creek Heights–Future Salt Creek Trail: In the planning stage. Travis to comment WST to Swasey Connection — Nothing to report.
New Business: Closure of Pedestrian connection between Eureka Way and Mary Lake by St. Joseph’s Diocese—How are we going to address the loss of this important trail connection? Revisit our priorities including current and possibly new projects, where to spend the funds we have acquired—Should we pay for members signing up for American Trails webinars Trails on Private Land—Jim Rickert, who is a savvy and progressive rancher did not support this concept. There are other options which can be discussed at the meeting David Ledger has offered to post TBC minutes/agenda/schedule of activities in SEA newsletter. Up for discussion and approval.
Other Items, Input from the floor: We need to select new Board Members but If there are time constraints or insufficient people ready to join the board, we should postpone until the February meeting if our charter allows for that.